Tuesday, June 2, 2015

What are you leaving behind?

God was angry with King Solomon because he married many women, whom God told Israel not to marry, because they would turn God's people's hearts away from Yahweh (I Kings 11:2).

Despite the disobedience of Solomon, and despite God declaring he would remove the kingdom from Solomon, God had mercy Solomon because of his father, King David.  Look at I Kings 11:12-13:

12
 However, I will not do it during your lifetime because of your father David; I will tear it out of your son’s hand.
13 Yet I will not tear the entire kingdom away from him. I will give one tribe to your son because of my servant David and because of Jerusalem that I chose.”

Here is the point: what spiritual legacy are you leaving for your children, and family?

Yes, King David made some mistakes, but he was totally dedicated to God.  He was a man after God's heart.  David's heart was connected to God in a deep and meaningful way.  David's faithfulness to God was so far reaching that it extended to his son, King Solomon.

How are you living?
Will you leave a generational curse on your children (sexual immorality, gang life, substance abuse, criminal behavior, abusive behavior, violence, greed, poor stewardship over resources, abandonment, brokenness, etc.), or will you leave a covering of God's mercy?

Christians, the way we live will effect others coming behind us, so let us leave a great spiritual legacy that benefits future generations.

God Bless,

Pastor Kennedy (MZO)
Mtzionontario.com


No comments:

Post a Comment