Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Fulfilling God's Call Without "Igotthisitis"

God's call on the Christian's life is critical the His eternal plan for reconciling the world to Himself.
God really does not need us, but He chooses to use us (John 15:16; II Cor. 5:17-20).
Christians we have a clear guide on how to allow God to change us from our old worldly thinking and practices (Rom 12:2), and the empowerment needed to serve Him (Acts 1:8).  We even have a clear assignment (Matt. 28:18-20).

Let us stick to our Bible based guidelines as we live this life.  

We do not need to develop or incorporate the spirit of "I got this"ninth our lives.  "Igotthisitis" is possessing an overconfidence in self, such that it attacks our daily dependence on God, and tries to fulfill God's call on our lives by leaning on our own understanding.

Here is a prayer to help overcome "igotthisitis:   

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your calling on my life.  Lord, I desire a personalized relationship with You such that I can always be sure that You are speaking to me, and giving me instructions that are supported in Your Word.  Lord, forgive me for the times that I practiced "igotthisitis."  I know such overconfidence in myself is not pleasing to You because I end up leaving You out and leaning on my own understanding.
Father, keep me close to Your bosom so that I daily depend on You.  In Jesus
name I pray, amen. 

God Bless,

Pastor Brian Kennedy, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment