Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Breakaway Practices

People around you do things you don't want any part of.  You do not want to be influenced and must use breakaway practices to keep yourself spiritually healthy.

Young Samuel had to do the same thing with Eli's two sons disrespecting God, overcharging people for their offerings to God, and having sexual relations with the women in the temple (I Sam. 2:12-22).

Samuel used two breakaway practices:

1.  He stayed focused on serving God.
2.  He learned to discern the voice of God.

Christian's, we must identify some biblical principles to help us stay spiritually healthy in spiritually dark environments.

Here is a personal prayer to help:

Lord, thank you for breakaway practices to help me avoid ungodly practices wherever I live, learn, work, or rejuvenate. Lord, help me to use breakaway practices such as staying focused on my service to You, and learning to discern Your voice, and properly responding to You, so that despite my environment, I will represent You well, and be a source of spiritual refreshment to others.  I love You.  In the name of Jesus I pray,
amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment