Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Quality of Life


God has all of our earthly days numbered in His book.  "Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them" (Ps.139:16).


Therefore, we cannot extend our life, but we do have influence over our quality of life.

Christians, many of us are workaholics we need to heed the powerful instructions from Jesus in Mark 6:31: 

"And He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." (For there were many people coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat.").  Mark 6:31.

Christian's, no need to be a hero working day and night with little or no rest because we are chasing a dollar.  God inspired King Solomon to write that such a pursuit is vanity and a grievous task (Ecclesiastes 4:8).


Consider periodic getaways where you have down time and allow the Lord to help you rest and rejuvenate (FYI, this does not always require going away and spending money).  Sometimes we should stop and enjoy the beauty and relaxing venues where we live (mountains, lakes, rivers, oceans, streams, forest, zoos, gallery's, museums, parks, buildings, walking trails, and other attractions).


Getting away from daily demands helps us realize how tired we really are at the time.  After a couples days uninterrupted rest, we can enjoy relaxation and rejuvenation.


Christians, all work and no rest will substantially reduce our quality of life.

Let us be good stewards over our bodies as we eat more healthy foods, exercise, get proper sleep at night, and take vacations (away and at home).


God Bless,


Pastor Brian E. Kennedy

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness another one that hits home. I work nonstop but I'm not chasing a dollar cause all my work is volunteer so what I get in return is the satisfaction that I helped someone/organization who couldn't afford to pay someone. But I just love it so much. I have been struggling trying to balance but head is filled with so many ideas, plans, and strategies that I fill it will burst if I get get them down in paper. I so happy for the scriptures to post all around my home.

    ReplyDelete