Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Power of Prayer & Obedience


Christianity that is blended with the current culture demands that God function for like a genie in a bottle, and nobody holds them accountable (this is often behind the famous phrase, "don't judge me").


Jesus taught Christian life very differently.  Jesus connected powerful personal prayer in His name with obedience.

Look at John 14:13-15: "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

15 "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Our prayer life is such that we can ask anything in the all powerful name of Jesus, based on an intimate love relationship with Him.  The evidence of such a relationship is obedience to Jesus.

Here is the best summary of our intimate prayer and obedience relationship with Jesus: "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him" (John 14:21).


God Bless,


Pastor Brian E. Kennedy, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment