Do you do whatever feels good to you, or do you have established standards by which you live?
Jesus gave eight powerful standards in the beatitudes in Matt. 5:3-12:
- Recognize your jacked up condition apart from God (v. 3).
- Cry over your jacked up condition apart from God (v. 4).
- Be meek vs. arrogant (v. 5).
- Pursue what is right (v. 6).
- Be merciful to others (v. 7).
- Be morally pure before God (v. 8).
- Seek a peaceful solution (v. 9).
- Rejoice when people attack you for your Christlike life (vs. 10-13).
Christians, be Christlike and enjoy the promise of God's blessings.
Pastor Brian E. Kennedy