As you return to school this fall, and consider different on campus groups, check to see how the group will help you improve your walk with Jesus.
I often encourage college students to consider in their search, a solid Christian campus ministry on or near campus.
The benefits of joining a solid Christian Campus ministry are numerous:
1. You are welcome just the way you are.
2. You will develop and fine tune your Christian world view (this is critical).
3. You will have fellowship with like-minded peers, which leads to awesome present and future networking opportunities.
4. You will be stimulated to practice living for Christ in a world that normalizes and celebrates what God calls immorality.
5. You will learn more about the Word of God at a collegiate level.
6. You will memorize scripture to help you get the victory in your daily life.
7. You will engage in fulfilling activities, and ministry projects on and off the campus.
8. You will be challenged to work through how God wants you to use what you are learning in school before and after you leave school.
9. You will have a great accountability group to help you through temptation, loneliness, relationships, and on and on.
10. You usually do not have to deal with pressures to say, believe, or practice things that compromise your Christian values, which are based on the Word of God (always check to see what God says about things, and don't let things slide just because others are doing it, or because it is popular).
As a Pastor, I always encourage college students to connect with people and groups that will help you continue and improve your love relationship with Jesus. There is nothing in the world more important than loving God with all your heart, your mind, your soul, and your strength (Mark 12:28-31).
Have a great year with your Best friend (Jesus) walking, talking, and guiding you in every area of your life.