Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Mary & Joseph, The Earthly Parents of Jesus

One of the outstanding lessons we learn from the parents of Jesus Christ is their commitment to fulfill God's call on their lives.  Their call was to parent The Savior of the world.  This call was a good work. Every call that God places on our lives is for good works (Eph. 2:10).
The God of the Bible never calls His children to do evil, or to hurt innocent people.  
Christian's, just like Joseph and Mary, we must willingly submit to God's call on our life to do good works.

Here is a prayer to help:

Dear Lord, Your earthly parents modeled doing good as they willingly
submitted themselves as the human vessels by which You appeared in the
world.  Lord, You also modeled doing good by dying on the cross for the sins
of the world.  Lord, Your Word is full of passages that teach us to do good
works.  As I do life, make me a vessel of honor, sanctified and qualified
for Your use.  Show me where You want me to do good works at home, in the
local church, in the community, and beyond.  Lord, help me to represent You
well.  I love You, Amen.

God Bless

Pastor Brian E. Kennedy, Sr.





No comments:

Post a Comment