Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Optimist

The only things you will truly have great success at are the things you are totally confident about.
Doubt that crosses your mind is a set up for failure.  

The optimist has total confidence in what God will do in their life.

In the verses below, David was in the wilderness hiding in caves while running from King Saul and the armies of Israel, and was an optimist.  David was on the run because Saul was jealous of David.

Christian's, we cannot say optimistic words that sound good on the outside, but we are full of fear, disappointment, lack of faith, angry with God, and confused on the inside.

The optimistic words must flow naturally from an optimistic mind set.  You must have the optimistic mind set in everything you do (in school, in practice, in games, in interviews, at work, when things go wrong, when things go right, etc.). 

In verse 29 below, David said he could run upon a troop (he could attack a group of soldiers and win).
David said that he was unstoppable with God on his side Psalm 18:29).

Church, our struggle is not our physical ability or physical appearance.  Our struggle is what is happening in our heart.  When we are driven by past mistakes and disappointments, or fear, or a lack of confidence, we introduce the negative into our thought process, and kill the optimist mindset.

Church, be like David when he was on track with God. 
Be the optimist!

Psalm 18:29-39:

29 For by You I can run upon a troop; And by my God I can leap over a wall.
30 As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
31 For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God,
32 The God who girds me with strength And makes my way blameless?
33 He makes my feet like hinds' feet, And sets me upon my high places.
34 He trains my hands for battle, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great.
36 You enlarge my steps under me, And my feet have not slipped.
37 I pursued my enemies and overtook them, And I did not turn back until they were consumed.
38 I shattered them, so that they were not able to rise; They fell under my feet.
39 For You have girded me with strength for battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.

God Bless,

Pastor Brian E. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment