Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Caretaker

The Mt Zion family hosted a heart warming 18 year pastor and wife celebration this past weekend.

What stood out to me and keeps popping up in my heart was the loving care that went into every detail. For instance the Mt Zion cafe was second to none among any fine dining restaurant in the world (food included).

As I reflected upon how the committee planned the prayer ceremony, the sermon, the presentations, the music, etc., I thought about the numerous caretakers in church families today (including my sister).

When I visit sick members in their homes, and observe them at church, I notice the loving, thoughtful, and detailed work of their caretakers.  


Today, call a caretaker and give them words of encouragement, and offer them your presence for an hour or more.  At the very least, sit with them, and pray for them as they caretake.  Oh yes, bring them something (a gift, a snack, something thoughtful like they are thoughtful), thank them, and give them the promise in (Gal. 6:9).


God Bless,


Pastor Brian E Kennedy, Sr.



No comments:

Post a Comment