Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Point People to Jesus.


Surely you know someone who is discouraged, depressed, and if they have not already quit, they feel like quitting.

Tragedies, disappointments, feelings of abandonment, and betrayal are contributors.

The belief that somehow we must do good works, self-punish and penalize ourselves through asceticism and other forms of self-denial to gain righteousness, is wearing people down to a weary and dispirited condition.


Christians, faithfully point these and other people to Jesus.  Many people during Jesus' time felt the same way.  Listen to the invitation Jesus gave:


28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.  30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" (Matt. 11:28-30).


God Bless,


Pastor Brian E. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment