Thursday, April 26, 2018

Revenge on Social Media, Etc.?

Revenge on Social Media, Etc.?

Come on Pastor, I am not hurting anyone physically when I post negative stuff on my “ex,” or de-friend someone, or put their confidential business out.  Why can’t I get back at that evil, cruel, poisonous snake biting, good for nothing, etc., etc., etc., person?  Why????
God said, “never pay back evil to anyone.  Respect what is right right in the sight of all men.  18 If possible, so far as it depends if you, be at peace with all men. 19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, ‘VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY,’ says the Lord” (Rom. 10:17-19).

God can get to your enemy better than you can.  Get out of God’s way and let Him punish your enemy.
How do I redirect my anger and desire to give them the payback they deserve?
Forgive them as God has forgiven you (Eph. 4:32).
Overcome evil by doing good.  Do good even to your enemy if God opens the door (Rom. 12:20-21).

God Bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment