Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Kingdom People



The Beatitudes in Matt. 5:5-12, are clear practices that mark us as “the kingdom people,” irrespective of our skin color, birthplace, economic status, or the people we know, or don’t know.
This powerful eternal status, starts with the right heart before God.  God, my heart condition cast me into utter spiritual poverty before You. I am “poor in spirit,” I am starving for You, and I need Your divine supply (v 5). God, I feel bad about what my heart led me to do.  I am “mourning,” I am crying about it (v. 6).
It is this feeling of remorse, this contrite heart, that gets God’s attention and moves Him to turn our sorrow into joy and happiness.
Each beatitude is prefaced by:  Oh how happy! Oh how fulfilling!  Oh how well off.  Oh how excited are you: then you read the verse and practice what Jesus said.

Christians, Jesus is really telling us to enjoy our lives as “The Kingdom People.”

God Bless,
Pastor Brian E. Kennedy, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment