Monday, October 6, 2014

Give the Invitation

What should Christians do in the face of increasing intolerance and hostility in America?

It seems like a representative in the NFL was intolerant toward Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, by making him turn his "Know Jesus, Know Peace," tee shirt inside out for an interview regarding his dislocated ankle in September 2014.

What we need to do as Christians is continue to invite people, who are clearly tired and burdened down, to come to Jesus and get rest for their souls.

We cannot let people, and systems, and organizations, intimidate us from inviting people to enjoy soul satisfaction and rest.
Since we are a peaceful people (Col. 3:15), we do not return hostility for hostility, but we pray and ask God for another opportunity.

Each time I review "The Great Invitation," given by Jesus, in Matt. 11:28-30, I am emboldened and encouraged to invite non-Christians to enjoy rest for their souls.

28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light"  (Matt. 11:28-30).

God Bless,

Pastor Kennedy (MZO)



No comments:

Post a Comment