Friday, November 7, 2014

The Discipline of Not Worrying

As I observe all the strategic distractions, and legitimate matters that need attention in my world, I realize my need to practice the discipline of not worrying.
I mean, I must read and meditate upon passages such as Luke 12: 22-31.
The Luke 12, "do not worry" passage is sandwiched between two extreme practices and gives us the proper balance in life: 1) spend your life storing up stuff you cannot take with you when you die; and 2) sell everything and focus on the return of the Lord.

I love the word of comfort that Jesus gives me in Luke 12:31-32:

31 "But seek His kingdom, and these things will be added to you.
32 "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom.

When life takes a unexpected turn, I must choose to operate in my own strength and start stressing, or run to Jesus and practice the discipline of not worrying.

I practiced running to Jesus during my short time away this week and discovered what a cool way to relax.  I was reminded that the location is not the key to relaxing, but choosing to run to Jesus when stress wants to walk in my house uninvited.

Today is a good day for you to decide what you are going to do.

God Bless,

Pastor Kennedy (MZO)

No comments:

Post a Comment