Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Breakthrough Prayer

Hannah in I Samuel 1, prayed a breakthrough prayer, and told the Priest after being falsely accused of being drunk, that she poured her soul out before the Lord regarding her beat down and broken condition (I Samuel 1:9-19).  That other wife irritated Hannah by constantly agitating her.  That other wife, got on Hannah's last nerves, plus her husband only recognized her broken heart, but did not really understand her broken condition (I Samuel 1:8).

Christian's, when you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, pray a breakthrough prayer like Hannah prayed. Get immediate relief, hope, and a change in attitude.  You might have the same circumstances temporarily like Hannah, who had to travel back home with that other woman still talking trash.  But also like Hannah, you will deal with your circumstance differently (I Samuel 1:19). The bills are still due, that person is still acting up, etc.  Like Hannah, your face will no longer be sad (I Samuel 1:18).

Here is a prayer to consider: 

Father, thank You for giving us the prayer of Hannah.  I can feel with
Hannah's pain from facing a difficult condition, being irritated to the
point of anger, being discouraged and even heartbroken because of evil
people.  Lord, I can also relate to Hannah regarding being misunderstood by
people in my home, and even some people at church.  I am glad that I can cry
out to You with a breakthrough prayer.  I am glad You will lift the heavy
burden weighing down my heart, and give me relief, hope, and a new attitude.
Lord, I will call upon You all the days of my life.  I love You deeply.  In
the name of Jesus I pray, Amen. 

God Bless,

Pastor Brian E. Kennedy, Sr.
Senior Pastor

You can hear this Sermon on mtzionontario.com by 2/25/16.

No comments:

Post a Comment