Monday, April 18, 2016

Fight for Prevention

The lessons we learn from King David's life in II Samuel 11-12, are powerful.  Instead of pointing our fingers at David and declaring how awful he was, we look at ourselves and realize how vulnerable we are.  
We must learn what he failed to do, and vow to prevent that from happening in our lives.  David, the godly man, who loved God had a season of life without prayer and he got into big trouble.

Christian's, without spending time alone with God in prayer and and in His Word, and allowing God to transform us into the image of Christ, we too can fall into sin.  Pride will become our guide, and we will go deeper and deeper into our sin.  We will easily forget about our calling, and what God has blessed us with, and get caught up in moments of pleasure.

Prevention is powerful.  Better to prevent a crisis, than to have to respond to, and correct a crisis.

Christian's, make it your business to get alone with God and His Word and pray.  Here is a prayer to help.

Dear Lord, I thank You for this powerful lesson from David's life.  Father, please forgive me for overlooking the numerous
blessing You have given to me.  Lord, forgive me for being dissatisfied and
unthankful while watching You provide for me.  I was selfish, short-sighted,
and simply did not trust You to have my best interest at heart.  Lord, please help me to get to my quiet place where I can be in Your presence, and talk with You, and be transformed by You. I want more of You each day.  I love You deeply. In the name of Jesus I pray.  Amen.  

God Bless,

Pastor Brian E. Kennedy


No comments:

Post a Comment