Monday, August 22, 2016

Enjoy the Emotional Connection in Prayer

When prayer is an intellectual exercise, and a robot like mechanical activity, and we pray because it is the right thing to do and because others are doing it, then our  prayer is not personal.

God gave us Ps. 116:1-2, so that we can get a glimpse of how He is personal.
Meditate for a moment on Ps. 116:1-2.
I love the LORD, because He hears My voice and my supplications.
2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.

The Psalm writer described more than an intellectual and mechanical connection exercise.  He loved the LORD because of his personal experience in their relationship.

The Psalm Writer's testimony is that God leans forward and listens to the voice, and the petitions of His children.   
How did the Psalm writer respond to God's personal interaction?  
I will continue to engage the LORD.  I will call on Him for the rest of my life.

Christians, throughout your life, be personal with the Eternal and personal God of all the universe in your prayer time.  Recognize God as all powerful, and all knowing, and as the One Who can and will do something about your circumstances.
Take promises found in Gods Word and incorporate them into your prayers to God.
Believe God for things beyond your imagination (Eph. 3:20-21).  
Yield yourself to God's plan for your life 
(I John 5:14-15).
Refuse to doubt God anytime you pray (Heb. 11:6, cf. James 1:6-8).

Enjoy your time in prayer with God, and engage God such that He enjoys you.

God Bless,

Pastor Brian E. Kennedy, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment