Monday, January 11, 2016

Take time to Pray

Sampson was called by God to begin to deliver Israel from Philistine oppression.

Because he neglected to pray and ask God for direction, he aimlessly wandered into self-gratifying pursuits, and violated his godly values.

Sampson could have been much more effective against the Philistines.  We can also be more effective in our calling.  The most critical step is for us to stop and pray, and get God's directions.

Here is a prayer to help:

Dear Lord, I want to draw close to You, and stay close to You through my
prayer life.  Lord, help me to consistently talk to You so that I do not get
stuck aimlessly wandering into self-gratifying pursuits, and so that I do
not ignore my Christian values.  Lord, I never want to hurt anyone's
spiritual growth by my actions.  Please help me to experience the power of
the Holy Spirt inside of me keeping me in an attitude of prayer throughout
the day.  Lord, thank You for never being too busy, and always inclining
your ear to hear my prayers.  Lord, I love You deeply, and I will call on
You all the days of my life.  Amen.

God Bless,

Pastor Brian E. Kennedy, Sr.






No comments:

Post a Comment