Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Engage the Living God in Prayer

In Matthew 6:5-15, Jesus gave us several principles that guarantees a meaningful experience with God when we pray.  In verses 5-8, Jesus teaches us how to get into the throne room with God (don't pray to be seen by others, pray with an inner room mentality, and pray with expectations).
Then in verses 9-15, Jesus teaches us to freely engage God in prayer (worship, submit, request, and worship).

Christian's, the real thing for us to do is take time throughout each day and pray.

Here is one of my prayers that incorporates the "The Lord's Model Prayer:"

Father, You are beyond anything I can think of describe.  Your willingness to engage me simply to have relationship with me versus oppress me or demand unreasonable things from me is humbling.  Lord, Your name is above every name, and I adore you, and bow down before you.  Your love for me makes me very secure, and very trusting of You, and I submit myself afresh to Your perfect will for my life.  Lord, I am depending on You for my daily provisions, to get reconciliation in my relationships, and to get victory over temptation.  Father, You are the King over the kingdom forever, You have all the power forever, and You have all the glory forever.  I love You deeply.  In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.

God Bless,

Pastor Brian E. Kennedy, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment