Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Focused


One of the great characteristics of Jesus was His uncanny ability to focus.
In Matthew 20:18, Jesus announced His journey to Jerusalem to be delivered to the Chief Priest, and the Scribes, to be condemned, scourged, and crucified.

A lot happened from that point to Good Friday morning at 9:00 am, when Jesus was hung on the cross.  Yet Jesus remained focused on fulfilling God's plan for His life.

On His way to the cross, Jesus stopped by the Garden of Gethsemene, and prayed His powerful "not My will, but Your will be done" prayer.

Christian's Jesus maintained His focus by praying about drinking from His "bitter cup" in order to line up with God's will for His life.

Whatever your cup today, stop and pray to the God Who sees and cares, and use prayer to help you stay focused on fulfilling God's desire for your life.

He is a prayer to help: Dear Lord, I thank You for giving me the example of Jesus
using prayer to stay focused on Your perfect will for His life.  Despite
rejection, excruciating pain, and total disrespect, Jesus modeled how prayer
kept Him focused.  Lord, I also desire to use the power of prayer to face my
"cup" with courage, and unyielding obedience to You.  Despite all that is
going on around me to distract and discourage me, help me to get to my quiet place where I can talk to You, get strength from You, and maintain focus on
Your perfect will for my life.  I want the victory like my Lord, Jesus. I
love You, amen.

God Bless,

Pastor Brian E. Kennedy, Sr.
mtzionontario.com





No comments:

Post a Comment