Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Leave a Good Name in Your Legacy

In addition to leaving money and other assets to the church to build kingdom centered buildings, and ministry, leave a good name for your legacy.

Why resist building on your parents good name?  Why insist that you have to develop you own identity so people can see who you are?  Jesus did not have a problem when He was referred to as the son of David (Matt. 9:27, 20:30).  
Instead of spending unnecessary time and energy fighting to distance yourself from your family or local church's good name, build on it, and pass to the next generation more than you received.  Refuse to pass to the next generation less than you received.

Christian's God restored us so that we can leave a meaningful legacy for the next generation.

Here is a pray to help:

Father, I first recognize the credibility in Your name, and I stop and
worship and praise Your holy and righteous name.  Hollowed be Your name.
Father, I can call on, and depend on Your Name.  Father, please forgive me
for anything I have done to embarrass Your name or the family name You have
entrusted into my care.  Thank You for restoring me and giving me another
chance to live in obedience to You, and leave resources to construct kingdom
buildings, and leave a good name for generations to come.  In the Name of
Jesus I pray. Amen.

God Bless,

Pastor Brian E. Kennedy, Sr.
mtzionontario.com






No comments:

Post a Comment