Thursday, September 10, 2015

Avoid Self-Centered Individualism

Christians, we must resist being pulled into the self-centered trap of  individualism where our lives are centered around me, myself, and I.

As cases similar to the Kim Davis, case in Kentucky, becomes more common, we need to realize more than ever our connection as one body in Christ.  Do not for one second believe the Kentucky case is an isolated incident with extreme Chriatian resistance to the same sex marriage law in America.  
Even non-Christians, and hopefully some proponents of same-sex marriage see America going too far in locking up her citizens for practicing religious freedom.

Keep in mind that the laws in this country, except for same-sex marriage law were based on the Bible.  

Christians, revisit how we are connected to each other in I Cor 12:14-21: 
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot says, "Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
16 And if the ear says, "Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
18 But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired.
19 If they were all one member, where would the body be?
20 But now there are many members, but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; or again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."

Passivity, will only lead to the empty depths of the me, myself, and I syndrome.
If nothing else, or until this issue comes to your front door, recognize your connection to other Christians, and please pray for God to guide this nation beyond persecuting Christian citizens with jail time for a law that conflicts with our religious freedom.

God Bless,

Pastor Kennedy
Mtzionontario.com

No comments:

Post a Comment