Monday, October 12, 2015

Focus on the "Me and My House" Mentality


Christians, we cannot afford to live a roller coaster lifestyle.  Just as Joshua challenged the Children of Israel to make up their minds regarding whom they would serve, we need to decisively make up our minds regarding whom we will serve (see Joshua 24:11-15).  Make your mind up today that you will live with a "me and my house" mentality (a no compromise, give God your all and all mindset).
In Joshua 24:14-15, God gives us three commands to help us with our mindset.

1. Fear God (have respect and honor).
2. Serve God in sincerity and truth (pure motives and be dependable).
3.  Get rid of your idol gods.

Here is a prayer to help:  Lord, I praise You for the personal relationship that You
established with me.  With You in my life, the struggles in life are a lot
easier to bear.  The guilt and the shame from my past are covered under the
blood, I have hope for today and the future, and life is much more
meaningful.  Lord, take a look at my life and show me any idol gods that I
have.  I ask You to forgive me for having any of the idol gods, that you
point out.  Please forgive me for giving them any form of devotion that is
supposed to be for You and You alone. 

Lord, during the rest of my life, help me to live out the "me and my house"
mentality, so that I will give You a life-time of faithful service.  In the
name of Jesus I pray, amen.  

God Bless

Pastor Brian E. Kennedy,
Mtzionontario.com





No comments:

Post a Comment