Monday, September 8, 2014

God's Keeping Power

Reading passages like Jude 1:24-25, encourages me to stop looking so much at what I got into in my past, but what God kept me from, and what God is keeping me from right now, and what God will keep me from in the future.

For instance, when praying with my wife, I lead us in thanking God from keeping us true to our marriage vows.  We both could easily fall into sin like anyone else, but God kept us.  I could have quit in ministry after seeing some heart breaking things in the church, but God kept me.  God constantly reminds me that the church is full of imperfect people just like me and He promised to complete His work in our lives until the day of Christ (Phil. 1:6).

Jude 1:24-25:
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy,
25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Chriatians, each day we walk in the confidence that God is keeping us for the day we stand in the presence of His glory.  I cannot comprehend what that looks like now, but while faithfully serve down here, I eagerly await my personal experience of standing in the presence of God's glory up there.

God Bless,

Pastor Kennedy (MZO)




No comments:

Post a Comment