Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Replace "I" with "Him"

As Jesus' earthly ministry started growing, and John's disciples were concered about large crowds of people flocking to Jesus,  John's response to them is found in John 3:30: "He must increase, but I must decrease.”

Are you building ministry around your name, and around the system you put in place, and around your accomplishments?

Here is a great test to determine where you really are today.  Just let someone describe your work and forget to give you credit, or they acknowledge everyone else but you.  Do you become angry?  Do you  immediately correct the person and correct their comments so the crowd knows what role you played?
How you handle your ego when it wants center stage?
Every Christian needs learn how to take our ego temperature with the 
John 3:30 ego thermometer.

What is the antidote for an over active ego, or how do we lower our high ego temperate?  
I the "I am the true vine" teaching of Jesus, Jesus said this in John 15:16:
16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you. I appointed you that you should go out and produce fruit and that your fruit should remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.

Jesus provides the existence and sustenance for our spiritual life.  With Him we can do nothing of spiritual value (John 15:5).

Christians on today let us remove the "I" statements that causes our ego temperature to rise, and replace our "me, myself, and "I" statements with plenty of "Him" and "He must increase" statements.
Then watch how He (Jesus) will grow us and the ministry when "He" is center stage.

God Bless,

Pastor Kennedy (MZO)

No comments:

Post a Comment