Friday, September 4, 2015

Love Drives our Actions

How do we use the freedom we have in Christ?
 
For instance, the Bible does not say, "thou shall not drink."  The Bible says: "do not get drunk..." (Eph. 5:8).
With this knowledge how do you handle your witness for Christ?  How do you live before young Christians, who come out of the "wild party life," where getting "wasted" was a weekend treat?
How do you live in front of the skeptic, who says all Christians are hypocrites, and Christianity is a crutch for the weak?

In I Cor. 8:9, look at what God says about how you use your freedom in Christ:

9 But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak (I Cor. 8:9).

Pastor Kennedy, do I drink tonight or not?  Do I dance? Do I play the secular music and dance to it?  What do I do?

God gives us the guidelines for using our freedom in Christ for every area in our lives:

1). Let love drive your actions to build people up versus cause confusion and weaken their life before God:

"Now concerning things sacrificed to idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge makes arrogant, but love edifies" (I Cor. 8:1).

2). Make sure people see God in what you are doing:

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" (I Cor. 10:31).

Pastor Kennedy, tell me what to do!
Your follow the guide from God's Word and you will know what to do.

God Bless,

Pastor Kennedy
Mtzionontario.com



No comments:

Post a Comment